Friday, July 12, 2013

Passing Clouds

The clouds that were hiding the sun have dispersed somewhat.  There is sunlight dotted on the path in front of our feet.

My husband was feeling very conflicted after getting the latest scan report. The last thing I wanted was for him to make a decision because he was feeling scared or pressured.  When he relayed to me that the oncologist had said that she wanted to hear from him soon regarding his decision, the first thing I told him is that he doesn't need to make a decision right now.  I know there are times in life when we need to make immediate decisions, but I don't believe that this is one of them.  I knew what I felt he should do, but it isn't my decision.  I wanted him to have time to let the emotions settle and then make his decision.

After I got the word from my husband on the doctor's report, I felt the Lord speaking to my heart again with that familiar refrain, "Trust.  Just trust Me."  I am resolved to do that.

Yesterday, after meeting with our natural practitioner, Trent had made his decision.  He is going to continue what he is doing and wait and see what happens.  As soon as he made his decision, there was a visible difference in him.  His spirit was at peace.  He was settled.  That is so good to see! 

I was thinking this morning how this path has been filled with so many ups and downs.  My husband likens it to a roller coaster -- I see it as a path.  (We view life a little differently. ;-)  )  It is a path of peaks and valleys.  The past couple of days were a small descent in the path, and the skies were clouded.  Today, the skies have cleared a bit.  Only God knows what tomorrow holds, and I will trust Him that He is working this according to His plan and that He will walk with us every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment