Wednesday, October 28, 2015

I Didn't Choose This Life

 . . . or did I?

It has been said to me by some, and suggested by others, that I did not choose this life, that I did not opt for my current life circumstances.

Those statements have caused me to step back and really consider:  Did I choose this life?  This life that consists of becoming a widow at 41, of being a single parent who is solely responsible for every single decision and who now has to juggle family, work, school, sports, activities, home life, and life stresses, etc. on my own -- Did I choose this life?

I can say with certainty that those options were not on any "Life Goals" list that I have ever seen or written; but does the fact that I've never specifically said, "I want to be a widowed, single mom." mean that I didn't choose this life

I've felt compelled to look deeper at what I did choose (and do choose) for life goals . . .
  • Many years ago, I told God that I wanted His Will for my life, whatever that may be.  That was a choice I made.
  • More times than I could count, I asked God to work His Will in my marriage.  I chose that request.
  • I have sung songs - and meant them from my heart - about surrender to whatever God has for me.  I sing those words willingly.

A couple of other things that I had to consider as I was pondering:
  • I believe that God has a plan.
  • When circumstances are beyond my control, I am still trusting that they are under God's control.

So . . . In summary, my conclusion is this:

God has a plan, and He is in control.  He has ordered my circumstances.

I choose to submit to His plan and surrender to His control. . . 

Therefore

I Choose This Life!

Psalm 143:8   Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post! That is true surrender, and is such a blessing to read. I'm praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, E! "...when circumstances are beyond my control, I am still trusting that they are under God's control. You've made a great choice.

      Delete