Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Absence

 

It has been a very long time since I have last written here . . . .


While writing can definitely be therapeutic, I also find that it demands a great deal of energy to do so. For me, the energy requirement has out-weighed the therapeutic benefits for a while.

There has been much that has occurred: 

My youngest child was involved in an accident where he was run over by a car. . . . By God's incredible Mercy and Grace, he only sustained a broken (albeit severely) arm, and he has regained full strength, range of motion, and use of it. That was an incredibly draining experience. (Though I will be eternally grateful for God's protection in it all!)

My oldest child went on a missions trip, completed his senior year of high school, and graduated. Just five short days following graduation, we moved him 1,200 miles away to begin his job and college career. (Very emotionally-taxing events for this mom.) He's now in his sophomore year of college.  It's a new state of life....

Last year, I also returned to fully homeschooling my two younger children (now in 9th and 11th grades). That also takes a great deal of energy.


Add in the other responsibilities, stresses, and dramas of life, and – well – there just isn't much energy left over to put into writing. Life here plugs along, and we do our best to keep up.

God is good, He cares for us every day, and He strengthens us for the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment